Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Versys 1000. Bought used. So far, radiator protector, grips, risers, working on running lights. Kawasaki makes it hard to order the sub-harness without spending $500+ for their plug and play system. Back ordered two weeks. May have the seat cut and leveled also hi-way pegs. All this seems to be pretty standard for this model. I belong to another Versys group, but most members are outside the US. Not a problem except being hard to ride to Dublin from Tucson. Looking for touring advice and maybe spots along the way. Still working so scheduling is always a problem. Well, hope to get good advice and answers to questions that always come up with a new bike, even one this old

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Welcome from Canada

:welcome:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...05361-valuable-links-wizard-member-intro.html
Reading your post, one would assume you ordered the harness, for $500? I hope I misunderstood. You could buy the top Denali LED lights complete with harness for the same. The bike comes pre -wired for auxiliary electrics. You can also buy every plug on that bike from several suppliers we have listed on this forum , here is one of them;https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...working on running lights. Kawasaki makes it hard to order the sub-harness without spending $500+ for their plug and play system. Back ordered two weeks....
DEADLY EASY to add running lights w/out getting the Kawi lights OR their sub-harness. As long as you add their relay (mine cost less than $20), wires become powered at several locations - look into the OWNERS MANUAL for where they are - and I added Denali DMs to my '15 V650, used, for about $100.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
PM received

2016 Versys 1000. Bought used. So far, radiator protector, grips, risers, working on running lights. Kawasaki makes it hard to order the sub-harness without spending $500+ for their plug and play system. Back ordered two weeks. May have the seat cut and leveled also hi-way pegs. All this seems to be pretty standard for this model. I belong to another Versys group, but most members are outside the US. Not a problem except being hard to ride to Dublin from Tucson. Looking for touring advice and maybe spots along the way. Still working so scheduling is always a problem. Well, hope to get good advice and answers to questions that always come up with a new bike, even one this old
You need to post a second time, not sure what parts you refer to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts