Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just joined. I've been riding on a daily basis for abt 45 years. Tried to exist for past 2.5 years with just one bike - a DR650. The lack of road comfort finally got to me and bought a 650 ABS 3 weeks ago (LT not available in Oz). Its black. In Oz you can have any colour you like as long as its black :(.

It now has 3,000km and will get a lot more over the next 4 weeks. Off to Philip Island next week for the first round of the 2015 World Superbike championship, then going to Tasmania for a 3 week tour. Should do about 4,000km in that time.

Not many changes to the bike to date - there isn't any aftermarket stuff for it and Kawasaki Australia doesn't have its shipment of genuine accessories as yet. So, gotta make do. Will detail what I've done in another post.

I will keep the DR 650. Its still a nice bike to ride and I have a couple of trips lined up for it that I wouldn't like to attempt on the Versys. Plus, they were going to give me diddly squat as a trade-in. I guess that's what happens when you do 56,000km in less than 2.5 years.

BruceC

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts