·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome, go get one :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome!

Recently read that Jason Britton uses a V as his daily commuter. I do also. Both true stories. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: Find a Versys and hang around then you won't be looking any longer and you won't be new. Sometimes my logic frightens me! :D :D:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a ZRX I'm looking for a little more comfort for long rides, speed when in the mood, and decent handling through the mountains.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The 650 will not be as fast as the ZRX- the v-1000 will not handle like the 650.

I've ridden mine(650) 13 hours in one day and I don't think I could have done that on a whole lot of bikes. That being said, the seat sucks.

Getting it in the twisties is where this bike shines. It handles like a sport bike even with somewhat lack-luster brakes.

With all the aftermarket parts, you can pretty much build the bike you want.

I hate to say it, but the FJ-09 might be a bit closer to what you want if you're willing to give up on Kawasaki...

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts
I have a ZRX I'm looking for a little more comfort for long rides, speed when in the mood, and decent handling through the mountains.
See: Versys...!

...I hate to say it, but the FJ-09 might be a bit closer to what you want if you're willing to give up on Kawasaki...
I BELIEVE that the stock suspension on the V is better, and w/ a (Yamaha) R1 shock...

:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

Motorcyclist figures the FJ needs about $1500 done to the suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts