Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im going to a trip to New Zealand in the next few weeks, renting a BMW 65O twin for my gf and me.
is there Any advice you folks can give me

thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Wow congrats once in a life time maybe! :thumb:

I'd have to look up my friend Kiwi! That would be awesome! and a dream at this time. LOL :thumb: Come on Loto! :D

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
NZ is a really nice place.

Just watch out for the black cows on the south island... no fences and pitch black nights make for many brown moments.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
If your in south island Queenstown a great place to visit and great rides to ride as well with awesome scenary.

Te Anau to milford sound is my favourite ride, 240km round trip.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Another thing that is a bit of fun is go on boat at lake Manapouri and visit underground power station.

Lake Manapouri which is a short ride to Te Anua

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, So we start in Auckland and finnish in Christchurch 10 days later. Im trying to visit some of the LOTR locations that I can reach on a bike. Im just wondering about roads, places to stop etc. As this is my 2nd multi day tour Im just wonder what some of you, more experienced have to say on such an adventure.

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kiwi adventure

You won't regret it as I'm sure you know. I went in 2011? Spent 3 weeks on each island. That was pretty good coverage for me and I was quite sassified.
Enjoy!! Great scenery, great roads, great people.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hey, So we start in Auckland and finnish in Christchurch 10 days later. Im trying to visit some of the LOTR locations that I can reach on a bike. Im just wondering about roads, places to stop etc. As this is my 2nd multi day tour Im just wonder what some of you, more experienced have to say on such an adventure.

Thanks
You can pm me for any info especially about south island, I live 2 hrs south of Christchurch

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. And the biggest consolation is that after sitting in airline seats for what will seem like forever, any motorcycle saddle you sit on will feel like heaven by comparison. :D

Enjoy and take lots of pictures to post so we can be envious. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
If your flying air New Zealand they do great safety vids haha, here the latest one with betty White.

Since your coming to middle earth here is the safety vid they did for the Hobbit.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Thanks
Excuse my ignorance, but what is LOTR. Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts