Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2017 Versys 300 as a second bike. I also have a 2014 V-Strom 1000.

I am adding some FARKLE's and breaking it in. About 250 miles in two days so far.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
welcome to the nut house, id love a 300 as a second bike.....but that would require me to get rid of a few(5) bikes first lol. what kind of brake in are you doing?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I followed the owners manual for the first 200 miles (below 4000 rpm). Now just driving it normally and easy while varying the rpm's but staying below 6000 rpm. Working on that first oil change. This is my eighteenth bike so far. She only lets me keep two at a time now. I used to keep three. My problem is I have too many hobbies.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Well I followed the owners manual for the first 200 miles (below 4000 rpm). Now just driving it normally and easy while varying the rpm's but staying below 6000 rpm. Working on that first oil change. This is my eighteenth bike so far. She only lets me keep two at a time now. I used to keep three. My problem is I have too many hobbies.

i know how it is.... i got my spouse and roommate into riding as an excuse to have more bikes xD ive probably owned well over 50 bikes so far (build one offs , and restored and sold a bunch) i to suffer from to many hobbies but not enough of them that pay enough lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also just got a 17 Versys 300X to complement my 2014 V-STrom Wee650 and my 2014 FJR 1300. I have been using the 300X as my around town bike a have taken it in the mountains on a few dirt forest service roads. Yes the Wee will do all of that also but I like the light weight of the 300X. How many bikes does a man need?..................................One More Than He Already Has.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome aboard. THAT is a nice looking bike. I might have to get one - in that spectacular color too. I no longer feel that I need a bunch of ccs or tons of horsepower and all the weight that goes with those things. I'm considering something that's lighter because the older I become the heavier stuff becomes. Isn't that strange?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered up a custom seat (Terry Adcox) for it. The stock one was a little hard on my bum. It should be done about mid-November.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have a V-Strom 1000 but wanted something for the wife and son that was lighter and tamer.

Welcome aboard. THAT is a nice looking bike. I might have to get one - in that spectacular color too. I no longer feel that I need a bunch of ccs or tons of horsepower and all the weight that goes with those things. I'm considering something that's lighter because the older I become the heavier stuff becomes. Isn't that strange?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome: My girlfriend doesn't understand the concept of having more than one bike at a time...:frown2:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: My girlfriend doesn't understand the concept of having more than one bike at a time...:frown2:
The question becomes what does she like a great deal that she has more than one of? :wink2:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
The question becomes what does she like a great deal that she has more than one of? :wink2:

I'm not a smart man but I'm smart enough to know i got a woman thats way out of my league and i'm not rocking the boat....:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
224 Posts

How many pair of shoes do you have? You can only wear on at a time. "Yes but each pair has a different usage." Same with multiple bikes. As long as one is not taking away from the financial plan / well being of the household, go for it. Might be time to find another girlfriend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts