Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300. Here is a photograph of my bike in its native habitat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After removing the bar weights, I installed a pair of Tusk D-Flex Handguards on the stock handlebars. The Tusk handguards never contact the windshield or the bodywork throughout the entire range of motion of the handlebars. I castrated the levers, but you could keep them both of them intact if you tilted them downwards a bit, and moved the brake lever a little farther toward the center. Here are a few photographs of my installation.

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum
I need to ask what you are using for photo hosting ( looks like i.imgur .com ), for two reasons, one they are nice clear photos, second , normally new members would get caught in the spam filter with attachments of photos, so guessing Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome:to the forum
I need to ask what you are using for photo hosting ( looks like i.imgur .com ), for two reasons, one they are nice clear photos, second , normally new members would get caught in the spam filter with attachments of photos, so guessing Tapatalk.
Thanks for the welcome. Please excuse my belated reply; I was not notified by email for any responses to this thread.:wink2:

Yes, I did use imgur.com to host my photographs, which I posted from a desktop computer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went to my user control panel and changed the settings so I am automatically subscribed to any thread in which I post, and I am instantly notified by email when anyone replies to one of my subscribed threads. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
New Member /AAA

I just went to my user control panel and changed the settings so I am automatically subscribed to any thread in which I post, and I am instantly notified by email when anyone replies to one of my subscribed threads. :smile2:
90% of new members never go into the User CP , I for one didn't do it until months later. I think I will add this to the members read this second post. Glad you figured it out, that applies to the gallery too, all your albums are linked through User CP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everything is working well now. I received a prompt email notifying me of your reply to this thread. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Spud,
I’m surprised to see you on the Versys-X forum.
I thought you were a firm advocate of Chinese Bikes.
Anyway, how does the X300 compare to your previous bikes? I’m currently waiting to purchase a RED 2018 model.
PCG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Spud,
I’m surprised to see you on the Versys-X forum.
I thought you were a firm advocate of Chinese Bikes.
Anyway, how does the X300 compare to your previous bikes? I’m currently waiting to purchase a RED 2018 model.
PCG
Before its retirement, I rode my 2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200) over 73,000 miles. I have also ridden my 2015 Zongshen ZS250-GY3 (RX3) over 28,000 miles. Therefore, I am an experienced owner of Chinese motorcycles. Since the year 2008 I have been reporting my experience with the advantages and disadvantages of owning Zongshen motorcycles in particular, and other Chinese bikes in general.

However, I started riding motorcycles in 1979, when I purchased a new, Honda CB400T. I also, currently own the following Japanese motorcycles.

1992 Kawasaki KDX220
2004 Honda CRF250X
2005 Honda XR650L
2006 Yamaha XT225
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

The Kawasaki Versys-X 300 is a very nice motorcycle, and I am enjoying it very much. After reading many glowing reviews of the Adventure Ninjette (Versys-X 300), I decided to take a test ride at the local dealer. When I had the opportunity to purchase a new, 2017 Versys-X 300 for $3,999, I could not pass up the excellent deal. ;)

Comparing the Versys-X 300 to my previous bikes, I really like the following features.

The engine produces about 36 horsepower at the rear wheel, which allows for good speed on the highway and excellent fuel mileage.
This Kawasaki engine is extremely smooth, and free from vibrations.
The VX 300 has an excellent suspension, straight from the factory. In particular, the forks are very good.
The VX 300 has very good brakes.
Unlike some other VX 300 owners, I really like the stock saddle. It is a comfortable, narrow saddle, and the bike has a low saddle height.
Unlike some other VX 300 owners, I also enjoy the stock gearing of the bike. I appreciate the low first gear for riding technical terrain, and for negotiating slow speed maneuvers on pavement.
I get about 300 miles range from the 4.5-gallon fuel tank before I need to consider refueling.
I like the excellent build quality of this Kawasaki bike.
I like the simple maintenance, and the 7,500-mile schedule for checking the valve clearances.
Aftermarket support for this Kawasaki bike is very good, and getting better all the time.
The fuel gauge on the VX 300 is quite accurate, and the digital display has a lot of nice features.
The wind protection is superb.
The slipper/assist clutch of the VX 300 is definitely the nicest clutch I have ever used. :thumb:

I'm confident you will enjoy your 2018 Versys-X 300. The red color looks great. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Spud, what Motorcycle Forum is your new location?

Everything is working well now. I received a prompt email notifying me of your reply to this thread. :)
Spud,
Where is your new Forum website? I see from the message above that you haven’t posted on this Forum, Versys-X 300 since November 5, 2017.
I also haven’t seen any of your postings on the China Bike Forum for years.
So what happened to you? Did you move? Did you give up on riding motorcycles? Did you have a bad riding accident? Are you into boating?
Anyway, I miss a lot of your interesting posts from the past.
Good luck,
PCG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts