Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Versys Rider

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  sparky 
#1 ·
Just got a Versys a few weeks ago. Already (only?) have 316 miles on it. Last year I bought my first bike, a KLX250. I sold it and was going to get a DR650 but found a good deal on a new 2013 Versys and bought it instead. I later found out that the price was low because it was the 50 state model..... But oh well- I saved a few bucks.

Anyway, I like the bike so far. I definitely want a set of highway pegs and I'm curious if there is a way to soften the suspension for the bumpy back roads I like to ride, but other than that, it does exactly what I want it to.

#7 · (Edited)
:welcome: FWIW, there is NO performance difference between a 49 state model and a 50 state model. The 49 state model weighs maybe a couple less pounds and you can put few more ounces of fuel in it. The difference certainly shouldn't change the value any. If ANYTHING, the flexibility to be able to sell to a Californian should increase the value of the bike.

#10 ·
...Anyway, I like the bike so far. I definitely want a set of highway pegs and I'm curious if there is a way to soften the suspension for the bumpy back roads I like to ride, but other than that, it does exactly what I want it to.
Go to the "Search" function, and check for the Yamaha R1 shock threads. It REALLY transforms the handling and ride!

:welcome:

#11 ·
:welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.