Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just went out my first ride today.i bought an 08 versys last sunday 5600mi. and a few xtras for $3800. I siphoned a tank of fuel out and put in non ethanol back in it. changed oil and filter, used mobil one 4t 10w40. any opinions on this oil would be welcomed. it came with a set of Pirelli mt60rs(back) and mt60r (front). I don't expect to get off paved roads so I don't know if this is the ideal tire for me. ive been wanting a versys since I read about them back in 08. i don't have a lot to compare it to except a 67 triumph and 70 Norton commando (yeah, im that old --61--and a Suzuki dr650(which i sold sat.). pretty sure im going to like it though.----good weather in central ky right now for riding-----dale

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
:welcome: My dads family is from Hazard,KY. We still has 28 acres up in one of the hollers there. I just bought a case of the mobil 1 to try. From the reviews it looks good.

Enjoy the Versys

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome! I'm fairly new to the Versys too. I've had my 2009 about a month now. I had a 71 Bonnie bought brand new back in the day. More recently, had 68 Bonnie and sold a 99 Concours after I bought the Versys.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
:welcome: Ah yes, the Norton Commando. :thumb: Mine was a 1975 Commando Interstate. Rode it through Germany, Belgium, England and the Isle of Man without a single hitch -it was a great bike & I wish I still had it.

BTW, 61 isn't old. It once was but isn't any longer. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all my dads family is from perry,letcher and Harlan county. i lived in cornettsville for awhile as a kid at the mouth of little leatherwood about 15 miles below hazard.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
all my dads family is from perry,letcher and Harlan county. i lived in cornettsville for awhile as a kid at the mouth of little leatherwood about 15 miles below hazard.
Then i'm sure you know some folks with the last name of Wells..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just looking at some new royal enfield cycles for sale a couple weeks ago at a dealer in lex. ky---they were pretty sharp

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: Using the wrong oil might shorten motor life from 250k to 200k miles. LOL :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dale,
Enjoy the Versys... I live in western Ky. near the Ohio river between Paducah and Evansville, In... They're great bikes for these Ky. back roads.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we have made several trips to land between the lakes in the last few years. wow, that is some beautiful country. id like to ride this motorcycle from grand rivers to the southern end of the national forest land, which, I think is in tn.-----

1 - 13 of 13 Posts