Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potential new versys owner here.About how much should I expect to pay for a new versys. dealer offered out the door for $7515. Seems a bit steep to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I paid 6300 out the door in central PA. Last one on the floor. Bought it on line essentially.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ended up paying MSRP, but 2 days after it was MOTY I say one in a dealership listed as SPECIAL, ONE OF A KIND, ON/OFF ROAD, $8899.00 out the door!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I live in Dallas and I paid $7,000.00 out the door including tax,title, & license. They have 4 more that they need to sell.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Potential new versys owner here.About how much should I expect to pay for a new versys. dealer offered out the door for $7515. Seems a bit steep to me.

We don't know where you live so we can't really say what you should pay in your area. You might want to list your location in your personal info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That included the cost of the bike ($5995) and shipping/prep. I live in NJ and taxes and registration was about $400. So about 6700 total. I hate living in NJ by the way. Its a damned police state and has the most arcane motor vehicle laws etc. it;s ridiculous. I'll be out of here in about 6 months thank dog.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
good deal

That included the cost of the bike ($5995) and shipping/prep. I live in NJ and taxes and registration was about $400. So about 6700 total. I hate living in NJ by the way. Its a damned police state and has the most arcane motor vehicle laws etc. it;s ridiculous. I'll be out of here in about 6 months thank dog.

I think you got a heck of a good deal. C'mon down to Texas and we'll treat you right. Take you out for BBQ and a ride!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Versys Price in Michigan

I bought mine in July, from a great dealership in Lansing, Michigan, called College Bike Shop. I paid $6617 out the door, including tax, title and license. The were no B.S. freight or assembly fees. I had a cool salesman, and the owner of the dealership actually delivered the bike to my house about 90 miles away, for a very reasonable delivery charge. The owner was a great guy too. I'll definitely go see them again in a year or two, when it's time for my next new bike.

Handkphil

·
Registered
716 Posts
We don't know where you live so we can't really say what you should pay in your area. You might want to list your location in your personal info.
I've been told by someone who should know that Kawasaki includes an average delivery/set up cost in their MSRP, regardless of what the local dealers tell you, therefore it shouldn't matter where you live in the US, the dealer costs are the same. Also if they quote you those costs, they're just trying to get a little more icing on their cake.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I feel like I got ripped off now seeing what others have paid for the Versys. I bought mine on January 14th for $6,805. I live in PA but bought it in NY so I had to pay taxes on it in PA when I registered and insured.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I feel like I got ripped off now seeing what others have paid for the Versys. I bought mine on January 14th for $6,805. I live in PA but bought it in NY so I had to pay taxes on it in PA when I registered and insured.

You? I just paid $7200.00 for mine out the door back in June and thought I was getting a deal!:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I looked for a long time for a new one and ended up buying a used 2008 with 250 miles for $5200 plus ttand license transfer. It is missing a owners manual. thats going to cost me $17.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I paid $6450 OTD(out the door) on mine in IL. Thats with 6.25% tax, 110 Lic & title. Of course I went directly ahead and ordered the Kawi Bags and New windscreen adding another $700 to the price also bought the 4yr kawi warranty (5 total) for $400.
SO all in all the day I left I spent @$7700.00. Im well over $8000 into it now (mods,mods,mods):D
As I side note in illinois that appears to be right at dealer cost(About $5800-5900) If that is indeed correct I bought mine at cost or just under. Before MOTY award of course. Ive helped them sell 3 since!!:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
196 Posts
KAwi CArd

$6500 out the door in VA. TTL included. Put it on a Kawasaki card at 0% interest for 6 months. Paid it off a week later.
boought mine the same way-But the 0% is free money-you should have used it longer. I you had the cash to pay for it you could have put that in an interest bearing account and made a few bucks on it. But thats me and my $.02 worth;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Remember something if you are looking at a new Versys right now.
These are 2008 models which are about to become a one year old bike.
It is going to be LAST years's MOTY. If a dealer still has one it is because they did not sell it. When the 2009 models roll in (generally october) the bike is not worthless, but it is worth less.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.