Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my red 2008 Kawasaki Versys yesterday. Oddly, I tested one of these about 5-6 years ago and didn't like it...yesterday's ride (and the initial demo ride I took courtesy of the previous owner) proved just how off my initial assessment was. Road home--about 30 miles--and had a fantastic time despite the downpour I rode through.

Can't wait to put more miles on the beast, customize it based on your recommendations here, and share photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Welcome form a one-time resident of Forest Grove (Pacific University). Oregon - downpour. One in the same as I recall. Great machine you bought - it looks just like mine, except mine is dry! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I loved Oregon while there and could easily live there again. Can't decide which town though. Forest Grove was once a pleasant town of about 6000 plus the small university campus. No longer though. Ah, well.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arion, thanks for the welcome. Bend isn't usually that downpoury since it's in Central Oregon, but between the odd weather lately and just the fact that springtime is generally anything goes for precipitation, it was the--ahem--perfect storm.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I call BS. It never rains on that side of the mountains. Just like it is never sunny over here.:joke:

Nice bike bye the way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha. This time of year you get all forms of precipitation within the space of an hour. ;)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
welcome from welches

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, silviefox, Metalmad and onewizard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just spent my first cash on it today--oil filter and new battery ordered. At least no new farkles yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Watch out for that volcanic gravel they put down in the winters. Once the snow goes away it turns into hell if you hit a patch of it sideways. Used to live out there for a while, luckily never dumped on that stuff, but came close multiple times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They're just starting to sweep it off the roads in town, but it's still out in the county. This is a good time of year for a bike like my XR650L...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My son just moved to Bend in January. I'll be riding out that way from Indiana to see him this summer. Can't wait to get out west!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bend is a great place to ride

My son just moved to Bend in January. I'll be riding out that way from Indiana to see him this summer. Can't wait to get out west!!
You need to make it over to the Crooked River Canyon when you come out this way. It's a fantastic ride. And if you come late enough in the summer, McKenzie Pass is also outstanding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts