Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I picked up my Versys last week and am loving it. I've been riding for 41 years, and am most recently trading out of a BMW 1150 GSA to the Versys. The GSA was just too much weight for me, the Versys is definitely vastly improved in this area. It seems as though the Versys attracts two major groups of riders, those who are just starting out and want a lighter, manageble bike, and an equally large group of grizzled veterans who know a great bike when they see/ride one. I've also owned in recent history a KLR, FZ6 and RZ 350. I am mostly an offroad rider as my Sig suggests, but was looking for a more manuverable bike than the GS, that had the capability to do the many dirt roads in Vermont, carry my wife and I for light touring and be a spirited twistie carver. I looked at a wide variety of bikes, and they all had compromises in relation to my requirements. The Versys seemed to be the closest, and so far I am totally satisfied. Here's a picture with the SW-Motech Alu-Rack installed:

For mods I plan on installing a Givi windshield, Motech crash bars, Motech quick detach racks with Givi PLX bags, have Spencer redo the seat, add auxilliary lights and get a yet unspecified tank bag. I appreciate your many posts, they have been very helpful in my decision making process.

Regards,
Wardo

·
Registered
102 Posts
:welcome: Of the two groups you described, I fall into the first except for the grizzle age. Where in Vermont are you, I'm near Lebanon NH. I agree with your comments about the valuable info shared on this site. :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I live down in Putney, exit 4 on I-91. At 48, I am not that grizzled of age, but because I started riding when I was 7, I am of grizzled experience. I forgot to mention that I also owned a BMW F650....

Ward

1 - 5 of 5 Posts