Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I received my new lighlty used and farkled Versys last week (see attached pictures) and took it for a ride in the neighborhood yesterday. I couldn't take it too far since I have not titled and registered it yet but from the little riding I did, I must say that it is surprisingly nimble for its size.

I used to ride a Honda XL600 20 years ago and haven't touched a bike since then. I took the MSF course (very good by the way) and decided to buy the Versys and I think I won't regret it. I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
That red trim on the bags has got me excited! Mine all came black, but I'll be painting it soon!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That nice red trim got badly scratched during the shipping of my bike. The shipper agreed to buy me new bags but I will have to paint them myself. I found the paint on color-rite but does anyone have good advice on painting the bags.

Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow, looks like you're ready to go anywhere!

Looking good,

Don

·
Registered
530 Posts
That is one sweet setup - I liked the color matched bags. What's the story on this bike - you mention that it's slightly used. Also, what is on your rims - they look like there is a red bead running around the edge?

I'm definitely painting my trim panels Candy Plasma Blue.

+2 on the advice for painting the trim panels.

By the way - :welcome:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it from a guy in Oklahoma City who had it for 6 months and rode it for 5,200 miles. It is really in mint condition and came with the 3 Givi cases setup with custom paint, mirror extenders, (home made) highway pegs, that extra large windscreen + a sport one, an extra set of tires, for what I consider a good price given all the extra accessories ($5,500) that justified shipping it from OK to VA. The only real bummer was that the shipper detached the saddle bags and they got scratched during shipping.

Th red lines on the wheel is just some red adhesive thingy but I agree that it looks nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts