Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode home on my new 2018 Versys 650 today. Saw someone mention this site in a youtube video showing how to properly install USB ports on a Versys. Figured I'd swing by and see what this forum has to offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For my second post, a bit on my background.

I don't have extensive riding experience, rode a rebel 250 for 2-3 years, then a super sherpa for a while. The last bike I had was an 85ish (iirc) GPZ750. That was almost 12 years ago, when my wife got pregnant with our son, I sold the bike.

He's older now (almost 11) and We have both finished college (finally) and have comfortable stable careers in our chosen professions. With me commuting 50 miles one way to the office I figured a comfortable commuter bike was in order. Mostly an excuse to ride again, but a good excuse!

Everything I researched pointed to either a CN750X or Versys. I kept seeing everyone like the versys and everyone said the CN was lackluster. So here I am now, with a Versys, that from the ride home I can already tell is the perfect bike for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Jim,
I know we have some other riders from your state!

Congrats on that bike, i'm jealous!
Thanks, I'm sure there are a lot, tons of clear sunny days here to ride on.

I still kinda don't believe I finally have a bike again and one as nice as this. Went to the garage twice tonight just to look at it lol.

If I did it right there will be a picture of my bike at the dealership that I took while waiting on paperwork lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I still kinda don't believe I finally have a bike again and one as nice as this. Went to the garage twice tonight just to look at it lol.
She is a beauty. I know what you mean. I got mine exactly a month ago. 2017 versys 650 LT. My 1st bike ever. Put 400 miles on it since then and I just love it. I have been wanting a bike for over 8 years, and like you, still can't believe my dream is finally real.

Here she is. Amazing bike.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome! The Versys loves all the various high country roads we have here in Colorado ;)

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas. Looks great in white. Enjoy and ride safely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts