Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an '09 Versys. Been lusting after these since they came out. My other ride is a '79 KZ 750. Having a vintage bike to tinker with and a modern one to ride anywhere, anytime has been a dream of mine for a while. Happy to have finally realized it.

Still trying to get used to the height of the bike. I've been looking at Speedy's lowering link and trying to decide if it's worth spending the money or if I'll get used to the height eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome! I have the same bike in far southwest Virginia! I had to ditch the reflectors. To me they just stood out too much. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I work in c-ville and live over in waynesboro.

Sean

·
Super Moderator
19,124 Posts
...Still trying to get used to the height of the bike. I've been looking at Speedy's lowering link and trying to decide if it's worth spending the money or if I'll get used to the height eventually.
I still find it tall, but tolerable.:thumb: 5'10" w/ 31.5" inseam. You'll get used to it....

:goodluck:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I agree with Eddie - it's tolerable. But with a 30 inch inseam, it's just barely tolerable. I think Speedy's lowering link is in my future. Zero speed tip overs are truly embarrassing. :eek:

The only bikes I can flatfoot seem to be cruisers and I don't favor them very much (despite my charming wife's Suzuki Boulevard). Don't tell her I said I don't like cruisers. :D

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I missed the question about speedy's lowering link.

I have a 30" inseam and installed about a month after purchase (back in 2010). The Versys was just too tall for me and with the link it fits me perfectly.

My opinion, if you think she is too tall - don't wait... Get one! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Hang around here long enough and these jokers will pull your leg so much you'll have a 40 inseam! ;D

I lived the C'ville many years ago. Lots of nice riding there...just stay off 29.

You'll love the Versys it's a great all a rounder.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My opinion, if you this she is too tall - don't wait... Get one! :thumb:
Hey Capn, I'm apparently not smart enough to be able to translate this. Had your morning coffee yet? :D:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Me? 5'8" and 30" inseam. Apparently I got used to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm with WTf, had my bike for about 7 months now just got used to it. I'm 5' 7" barely. 30" inseam and about 150 lbs. Don't have a lot of street riding experience. Came off crf 450 dirt bike that was tall too. I think the versys is just right for me tall or not feels like a Star Wars speeder bike. Or at least that's what I like to imagine. Ha! Think I'm gonna put Star Wars theme song on my ipad. Naw! Probably not.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yep! That is why I posted my reply.

My response was in response to the OP. Trying to save them time in trying to decide if it would be worth lowering now instead of later.
Capn, sorry I misunderstood. Read your first post again & understand now. Old and feeble brain at work. Well, trying anyway. :eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like I'm in good company here. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and weigh about 155.

I'd definitely prefer the bike a couple inches lower and will pick up Speedy's lowering link as soon as I can scrounge up the $$.

I'm doing some reading through other threads about the kickstand options. I don't like the idea of cutting the OEM kickstand in case I ever sell the bike to a tall rider. Looks like there are some shorter stands that'll fit (like the er-6n). Time to troll e-bay...

Thanks for all the "welcomes"!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts