Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2012 yellow Versys 2 weeks ago and it had its 600 mile server today.

Based in Southern CA so normally perfect weather but rode in the rain today!

I am not sure how to post in the other sections so 2 questions here :-

1. Panniers - I cannot seem to find details about the best (closest fitting) frames for some Givi V35s. loads of details on the pre-2010 models but the post 2010 info is somewhat confusing.

2. Engine protection - seems that it may be difficult to fit crash bars on the CA model, any one done it? If not crash bars what recomenations?

Thanks

Ian

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
can answer your post in other sections question, to combat spammers you must post twice in members intro section then after 48hrs from 2nd post you can post in all other sections.

·
Premium Member
16,217 Posts
:welcome: Neighbor.. Just about 40 minutes from you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome!
Panniers- Visit twisted throttle.com, i believe under the Versys they list the the givi racks and adapters etc...

I personally cant wait for another couple of gen 2 years to go by so use 2010+ people can start reaping the benefits of used stuff on the forum lol. Seems like 95% anybody ever posts is gen 1 stuff :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not a lot of choices in racks for V35s. Givi. Anyone else?

I've got SW Motech side racks with Givi monokey adapters on order. Starting from scratch I might do V35s, but I've got 3 monokey hardcases, all more spacious than the V35. And if I need lower profile sidecases for local stuff, I could always buy E21s (or the Kappa equivalent).

Speaking of Kappa, I installed Kappa engine guards on my 2nd gen California model. There was no interference with the canister. I was prepared to trim the canister cover a little, but didn't have to. I did have to "enhance" a bolt hole or 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

Looking on twisted throttle.com I cannot see the V35 specific racks for a 2012 versys.

Can anyone post a link.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
379 Posts
Confused me as well, as the picture they show the racks on is a 2010 lol. Not sure tbh...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I recommend that you engage in a chat with the twistedthrottle folks. I did, and the rep was quite knowledgeable; impressed me at least.

I was chasing the Givi mounts (item# GIVI PLR450). I did not purchase though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
FYI, I installed the SW-Motech crash bars on my 2012 V with no problems at all! The emissions canister stays on fine; only one of the little plastic rivets can't go in fully. It doesn't rattle or make any difference.

PS. Welcome! :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

Congrats on your new V.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts