Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really glad to find this new forum to go with the new Versys I ordered yesterday. I look forward to reading about your bikes and rides.

I currently ride a KLR650, but I wanted something that would comfortably carry my wife and would perform better on the road. The Versys was clearly the answer!

I'm going to leave the Versys basically stock until I find that it needs something. Here at the start, I'm just adding the OEM Tailbox, switching to some Pirelli Corsa MT60 tires, and having SS brake lines installed. There are lots of gravel and rough oil-and-chip roads where I live (in rural, hilly southern Illinois), so I need "dual sport" tires just so I can get safely and comfortably to real pavement every day!

There's no riding today, since we've just had over 12" of rain in less than 36 hours and it seems like everything that's not high ( like our house, thank goodness!) is either floating or flooding. Here's hoping it is dry and sunny and warm wherever the rest of y'all are living.

Peace,
Elllvis

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome Elllvis,

Like you I traded my KLR650 for the Versys for some of the same reasons!!! Will be getting mine in about a month. I have to wait for the snow to stop and melt!!!

Good riding, since you will be enjoying it before I do

Actar911

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome. I came off a BMW F650GS and I found the power to be close to the KLR's. The Versys is just a better all around bike on the road as far as power and handling go. I'm also actually more comfortable on the V than I was on the GS.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcoming responses, folks! I expect to get my Versys sometime late next week or early the following week. It's on the way, right now, all nestled in its crate and waiting for my dealer to set it up after it arrives from Chicago. I'll share my first impressions of the ride as soon as I get home with it - and, actar911, I'll remember not to make it too painful for others who will have to wait longer to ride.

Happy Friday!
Elllvis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts