Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm new owner I'm not new--very senior in fact. Been riding since my mid teens and have owned bikes from A to Z [ AJS to Zundapp ]. This is my first Kawasaki and will complete my list of Jap bikes. Beside the 650 Versys I currently own a 2013 Honda CB1100 and a 2005 Honda Interceptor. Live near Gaffney SC with my bride and 2 dogs. Retired USAF Msgt and retired school teacher.
Belong to a select group of riders named CPR, ie: Carolina Pro Riders. Requirements to be in the group are you must be at least 65, ride at least 10k miles a year and be able to follow us up NC 80 from Marion NC to the Blue Ridge Parkway. But we will allow you to join us for a ride or 2.
Picked up my Versys today [Sat May 30/15} and going for a ride in the NC mountains with a fellow CPR member tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from another 65 plus retired USAF rider. Can't say I've ridden bikes from A to Z but I've had a bunch since I began riding in the early '60s - British, German, Italian, Japanese and even a Harley way back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
:welcome: from a retired RCAF "airframe-driver"....:thumb:

...and Arion -

...even a Harley way back in the day.
I USED to respect you....

;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: from another 65 plus retired USAF rider. Can't say I've ridden bikes from A to Z but I've had a bunch since I began riding in the early '60s - British, German, Italian, Japanese and even a Harley way back in the day.
My riding days started in the mid 50s with a Zundapp 2 stroke---ride a mile, walk a mile. And I too had a Harley, a 2009 flat track replica. Beautiful bike but it soon went for a Yamaha FX1. And does this count as my second post?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from a retired RCAF "airframe-driver"....:thumb:

...and Arion -

I USED to respect you....

;)
In my defense I should explain it was a long, long time ago while at university and it was the only "big bike" I could afford, mostly because no one else wanted it. A 1957 750 flathead with no brakes to speak of but it ran - most of the time. It did, however, have the nasty habit of catching fire if it fell over. :eek: One lives and learns.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
In my defense I should explain it was a long, long time ago while at university and it was the only "big bike" I could afford, mostly because no one else wanted it. A 1957 750 flathead with no brakes to speak of but it ran - most of the time. It did, however, have the nasty habit of catching fire if it fell over. :eek: One lives and learns.
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts