Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

First-time motorcycle owner here. After weeks of indecisiveness, I finally walked into Wow motorcycles down in Marietta and walked out with a 2008 Versys and have been tickled to death with my choice. Wound up taking the motorcycle safety weekend class the day before I picked up my bike and got experience the first ride on Monday during the PM rush hour back to Atlanta which was just about enough to make me swear off riding ever again. Anyways I've somehow managed to survive and learn more in two weeks of riding in the chaos of Atlanta than I'd probably learn in a lifetime back in my north Georgia hometown.

I finally got to take my bike up throughout all of north Georgia and into North Carolina on the blue ridge parkway today and had a blast. Looking to meet some new folks in Georgia to ride with - seems all my friends decided to quit about the time I got a bike.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Looking to meet some new folks in Georgia to ride with - seems all my friends decided to quit about the time I got a bike.

-Mike

Heres a link where you can meet other riders in your area. Just put in your zip code. I used it when i moved to California and found some good groups and have been to some fantastic area i never would have found on my own.

http://www.meetup.com/find/?keywords=motorcycle&userFreeform=Atlanta,+Georgia,+USA&mcId=c30301&mcName=&categories=&view=masonry&sort=default&radius=50&offset=0&psize=30

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes, and yeah I saw that link for the North GA ride. Actually wound up doing a bunch of riding in the same area yesterday. I've had some vague plans to do some North Carolina ride / fishing trip on the weekend, but if it falls through like I kinda suspect it will, I'll definitely be out for that group ride.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey MossyRocks,

What town was your hometown? I spent my school years in the northwest Georgia area.

WOW was the first place I ever swung a leg over a Versys. I had riden down there 2 years ago to check out a BMW R1200RT and got sidetracked by a 2009 Versys. It was immediately comfortable to me. I rode back home and did some research. A few months later I was trading the Nighthawk on an '09 I had found in North Carolina. This is ALL the bike I need!

I'm planning to be on some part of the Georgia ride on the 30th. Hope to see you if you get to make it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whoa, I saw a topic about new member from GA and what do you know, you even live in the same area! I just joined to forum (so I could give and receive input on modifications boards mainly).
I bought a 2011 Versys from Atlanta Motorworld over in Roswell since they were the only dealership that had a red one. Had to get red since all my gear is red due to my "ex" (red KLR 650). Living in Smyrna though.
I've been thinking of joining up on that north GA ride next week.

Congrats on the bike! I'd be up for meeting up some time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey MossyRocks,

What town was your hometown? I spent my school years in the northwest Georgia area.

WOW was the first place I ever swung a leg over a Versys. I had riden down there 2 years ago to check out a BMW R1200RT and got sidetracked by a 2009 Versys. It was immediately comfortable to me. I rode back home and did some research. A few months later I was trading the Nighthawk on an '09 I had found in North Carolina. This is ALL the bike I need!

I'm planning to be on some part of the Georgia ride on the 30th. Hope to see you if you get to make it!

Born and raised up in Ellijay / Gilmer County - wish there was more work up that way, I'd definitely move back in a heartbeat. Verdicts still out on the group ride, hopefully I'll be able to make it though.

Whoa, I saw a topic about new member from GA and what do you know, you even live in the same area! I just joined to forum (so I could give and receive input on modifications boards mainly).
I bought a 2011 Versys from Atlanta Motorworld over in Roswell since they were the only dealership that had a red one. Had to get red since all my gear is red due to my "ex" (red KLR 650). Living in Smyrna though.
I've been thinking of joining up on that north GA ride next week.

Congrats on the bike! I'd be up for meeting up some time.
Killer man, I'm definitely in the need for some riding friends. Go figure all my friends quit riding year I pick one up. Anyways I'm usually riding every day after work (off around 3:30) and am always down for weekend trips. Sounds like we got matching bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Killer man, I'm definitely in the need for some riding friends. Go figure all my friends quit riding year I pick one up. Anyways I'm usually riding every day after work (off around 3:30) and am always down for weekend trips. Sounds like we got matching bikes.
I got this sucker (hopefully the picture attached correctly).
I'm off around 3:30 pm as well, drive in on my motorcycle most days that there isn't much chance of rain. I'm pretty booked up this weekend except for Sunday. I'm taking my bike in Friday for its 600 mile checkup.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Born and raised up in Ellijay / Gilmer County - wish there was more work up that way, I'd definitely move back in a heartbeat. Verdicts still out on the group ride, hopefully I'll be able to make it though.

Welcome, Sounds like we need to do a meet and greet if ya'll can't make the 30th ride.
I'm up for riding most saturdays or sundays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good, I'm pretty familiar with Rockmart; I've got a bunch of friends from up around the Rome / Trion area so I pass through there pretty frequent. Are there any scenic routes out there?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds good, I'm pretty familiar with Rockmart; I've got a bunch of friends from up around the Rome / Trion area so I pass through there pretty frequent. Are there any scenic routes out there?
We've got several, let me know when you are out this way..Ya going to be able to go on the 30th ride?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not looking promising right now, but I'll probably figure out the day before. Regardless I'd love to get out and do some rides up towards your neck of the woods sometime. This interstate rush hour riding gets to be pretty brutal every day haha.

Perhaps PSOrngr and I can get up that way and do a day ride one weekend?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not looking promising right now, but I'll probably figure out the day before. Regardless I'd love to get out and do some rides up towards your neck of the woods sometime. This interstate rush hour riding gets to be pretty brutal every day haha.

Perhaps PSOrngr and I can get up that way and do a day ride one weekend?
Sounds good..If you can't make next saturday, we can make that run anytime, I'm always up for a ride in that area..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts