Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've just put down deposit on a 2009 Candy Lime Green Versys and hope to pick up the bike in a couple of weeks. I'm already thinking about adding aftermarket exhaust. My original sport touring bike choice was a Buell Ulysses xb12xt as i love the exhaust note. These are extremely scarce and I was very happy to happen upon the Versys.

As far as exhaust goes.. I'm looking for something that will make the most of the twin's throaty note. I found a vid on youtube of a Leo Vince that I like but haven't been able to find this particular one at a merchant site.
No Video
Any help getting info on model, performance, where to buy etc would be appreciated. If anyone knows a different model that will offer me the same sound I'm all ears!

Thanks much!

Mitch

·
Registered
451 Posts
Two Brothers all the way....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Take a look at FMF. It gives a nice deap sound and the price is about the same as others. I am a huge fan of Leo Vince as well. I will try and post pics, but the FMF web site has pics on the V.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
My V with Two Bro and JB....

Ill have to make a new vid as I have now added Arrow headers which has changed the note a bit...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Two brothers and xlil

thanks all for the input..

skin: i liked the sound of those cans ok but the price tag on those seems a bit out of my range.

creeper: your two brothers system would work fine..it sounds pretty close to the leovince system in the other vid. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your rig and where did you get them from? Do you have baffles or db killer removed on yours?

conventional wisdom says all i need are the proper sockets/wrenches to switch out the exhaust. Let me know if you recommend anything else.

Thanks again everyone!

Mitch

ps.... Fastoman.. i couldn't find a good vid to get a listen at the Yosh can. looks very nice tho

pps... Can I expect my mpg to get better or worse with aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
If I am reading the dyno charts correctly, all any of these do is make noise???? And, yes I see that a couple show very small gains at the top end where hardly anyone actually rides, except maybe on a race track.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If I am reading the dyno charts correctly, all any of these do is make noise???? And, yes I see that a couple show very small gains at the top end where hardly anyone actually rides, except maybe on a race track.
yes for a stock inlet ,air/fuel ratio compression etch you only have small gains in terms of performance.you just make versys looks more aggressive .if you dont have all the money (doesnt worth it imo) to make it go a bit faster (pc,inlet,exhaust,exhaust gas analysis....) i would suggest you to spend them on better brakes,tires,lights than to a new exhaust...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Meeach,
Try Pipe City "pipecity.com" They have lots to choose from and competitive prices, including Leo Vince'.

·
Registered
451 Posts
creeper: your two brothers system would work fine..it sounds pretty close to the leovince system in the other vid. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your rig and where did you get them from? Do you have baffles or db killer removed on yours?
I Dont recall what i Paid for the can but the Juice box was about $250. I got the can direct form 2Bro, before i knew better, and the JB from motosuperstore. I do have the DB killer removed.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The article Invader posted makes the Akrapovic look really tempting. Looks like a max gain of 3-5 hp (or ps, or whatever units they're using; can't quite read) between 5-6000, right where I'd want it with no losses anywhere else. Quieter, too? Sign me up! I suppose the curve may be different with the V's revised valving, though. Any theories how much difference there would be?

·
Registered
302 Posts
the diagrams refer to er-6 engine.er-6 engine has different cams. dont take for granted what you see in the comparison charts.its a good guide though and you get an idea about each product.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
The article Invader posted makes the Akrapovic look really tempting. Looks like a max gain of 3-5 hp (or ps, or whatever units they're using; can't quite read) between 5-6000, right where I'd want it with no losses anywhere else. Quieter, too? Sign me up! I suppose the curve may be different with the V's revised valving, though. Any theories how much difference there would be?
It does show gains of up to 7 hp @ 5500 rpm, while being a bit quieter with removable quiet insert. Stock curves and improvements to the Versys are very similar.

Leo Vince SBK GP Style Evo II slip-on adds length and a resonator to Versys' short exhaust, for even better torque gains at 4800-6500 rpm, good horsepower gains, and a smoother sound. Leo Vince's horspower + torque charts and sound clips (ER6) for SBK GP STYLE EVO II slip-on, SBK OVAL EVO II slip-on, and SBK OVAL EVO II full system are all available here: http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=VERSYS 650&Make=KAWASAKI&Year=2007

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6003

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4964

1 - 20 of 20 Posts