Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group! I am a 20 year recovering Harley Addict, I recently discovered adventure touring and had an KLR and a F650GS Dakar before getting my green 2009 Versys. I love the bike! I have put about 900 miles on it so far and cannot wait for the riding season to come so I can go on some longer trips.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome. Have a picture of your bike in front of Wall Drug?

http://www.walldrug.com/
All right! Someone else knows about Wall Drug. When we lived in Rapid City, we always took visitors to Wall Drug because they wouldn't believe us when we told them about it. :D

They still offer 5 cent coffee and "free ice water." That harks back to the days when people had canvas water bags strapped to their cars while traveling long distances in unpopulated areas. :thumb:

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: from Buffalo!

All right! Someone else knows about Wall Drug.

Yep, had my Versys out there last August for the Sturgis Rally. I was certainly the odd duck with a V in a sea of Harleys, but I didn't mind. It was a great bike to ride on all the terrific roads in the Black Hills.

Here's a pic of my girl at rest in the Badlands....and yes we stopped at Wall Drug too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have ridden Harley's and they are certainly good and fun bikes for what they are The versys is a completely different kind of good and fun. Mine will end up taking me from VA to UT and many states in between this year. Welcome from another n00b.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts