Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the new tankbag offered through Kawasaki for the Versys. This thing is really, really nice.

I had a chance to use it the last few days and it's by far the best I've found......and I've had several.
It is designed just for our bikes and will expand 3" too making it plenty big enough without being too big. It has magnets that fits the tank and has a safety strap up front that clips on the lower edge of the tank. The back strap is very nicely made, it loops under the seat and has Velcro to secure it to the bag. Lifts right up for fuel access easily too.
Overall, I'm very impressed with the fit and finish. It's definitely top quality.

Dan

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Smiley,

I too like maps, in fact that's all I use.

On this long week-end trip I placed a piece of foam inside the compartment with my maps on top of it and it worked like a champ.
It's zippered on top with Velcro around the rest of the window making it easy to open, ran thru some rain and it sealed good.

The area is perfect for change, door openers, etc.

Dan

·
Registered
688 Posts
What was the cost and has anyone found a 3rd party seller? I'd like to avoid my local stealership.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
It looks good on the bike just a little big for my taste..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Zatx,
The MSRP is $134.95 but I just checked ronayers.com and they have them for $120.42 with free shipping.

Moosenart,
Mine is an '08 model, the bag will fit all years of the Versys.

Dan

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have the OEM Versys soft tail bag and love it. It's great quality and has held up extremely well. This tank bag matches it perfectly and I'm sure it's made by the same manufacturer as you can tell from the above photos. It's definitely on my "to buy" list now.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I needed to order some OEM parts so I decided to add the Versys tank bag to the order. Saved me $8.00 in shipping on the other parts so a great price overall for a tank bag that actually fits the versys. I will see how it fits on the other bikes, but if it only works for the Versys that is OK.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I did notice on Kawasaki's website that the have new tank bags for several sport bikes. The numbers are slightly different which means different mounting points, but it looks like they all have the window compartment. Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be nice keeping my 10 riding essentials in the bag and move it from bike to bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just ordered it from my local dealer - they price matched $120 and it took about 5 days to So Cal.

Thanks for the part No. - made ordering super easy.

Great bag. I balked at first at the size...but it really has come in handy. The window doesn't fit the iPhone vertically - but it fits horizontally - that's fine for me.

I really like the felt sunglass pouch on the front too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 38 Posts