Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

Just picked up my new '17 Versys 650 LT yesterday, already loving it.
I'm out of Oakland, CA, looking to do a lot of weekend trips, tootling around the bay, and maybe a commute here and there when I get sick of the train.

This isn't my first motorcycle, but it is my first 2 wheeled one - before this I had a Ural sidecar rig. Brakes went out going down a mountain pass, I bailed, it went down a 300 ft cliff. So, the modern, Japanese, ABS brakes were a definite draw for me ;)

Here's a pic on today's ride up on Grizzly Peak Blvd.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, I had the opposite problem from 407guy - bought a black bike, came with titanium luggage. Dealer is waiting on the matching parts.
Too bad, could have just swapped!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Down a 300 foot cliff??!! Sure fortunate you weren't aboard when it committed suicide. This may sound like a foolish question but was it totaled? They're supposed to be pretty rugged but I don't imagine a 300 foot tumble did it much good.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

Yesterday, I ordered the SW Motech crash bars, thinking I'm probably going to drop it at a bad stop like an idiot.
Today, dropped it at a bad stop like an idiot. Cracked the fairing and snapped the turn signal. D'oh...

Oh well, now I can stop worrying about babying each little nick...

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but anyone know what a new fairing panel costs? (The front side one that the turn signal comes out of)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts