Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for a few weeks, learning about the Versys. Picked up a blue '09 a week ago, and have put almost 300 miles on it since then. Added a GPS and am working on some bags. There is a problem with the Givi racks, some of the pieces aren't bent! The new turn signal brackets are perfectly flat, not bent like in the pictures. Working with Givi to get some new ones...

Did my first oil change today too. Earlier than recommended, but the color in the little window was looking a little dark for my taste.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats! What GPS and mount do you have?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Greetings, that road looks like A great place to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brokenhat - GPS is a Garmin 780. It is the only one I have had, so it is hard to give a review. Seems pretty nice, but has some quirks. The mount is Speedy's, with velcro. Mini USB charger wired into the switch.

Bear - Thanks!

Spackler - I am in State College. Got mine at Kissell as well. I was there to look at a used BMW, and ended up with the Versys.

glowcat13 - Thanks! I wanted to go on a longer ride today, but it just would not stop raining. One of the nice things about central PA is there are great roads right near my house.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome cjemmott! Bike looks great. Good luck with the racks. I'm in NEPA. If it works out, I'd like to get a PA ride together before the really nasty weather gets here. If not, early next spring. Enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new V! I have some family around State College, I need to get up there sometime and visit. Hmmmm, sounds like a road trip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts