Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Alaska! The 2nd Gen is a GREAT ADV platform. But I'm probably bias :)
BTW what part of GA? I spent a few crazy years in Valdosta back in the 80's

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes, we're excited to see how this venture goes. The wealth of knowledge you guys have here is priceless!
Alaskajeff- We REALLY want to make the ride up your way next spring. Right now, to be honest, the ONLY thing I'm not sure I'm cut out for is the mosquitoes! Maybe we can do a "track and ski's" mod and come in the snow to avoid the bugs?! :D We're currently in the Augusta area.
Well then come on up! I would suggest June-July for a time frame. PM me if you want specifics or suggestions. Honestly the mosquitoes are not that bad in most areas. They've actually been pretty decent the last few years. Now if you are out in the tundra near water that's another story, but otherwise there aren't any worse than other states with them.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Does that mean the Green Hornet II is going into hibernation? :surprise:
Yup. Gettin' time to roll out BIG RED again...!

Well then come on up! I would suggest June-July for a time frame. PM me if you want specifics or suggestions. Honestly the mosquitoes are not that bad in most areas. They've actually been pretty decent the last few years. Now if you are out in the tundra near water that's another story, but otherwise there aren't any worse than other states with them.
This pic is from 2013, mid-June, about 40 miles E of Hyder, Alaska....

:wink2:

(Altho' it MIGHT just be a low-flying airplane...!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts