Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken my new 2015 Versys out 2 days in a row, (sun burn to prove it), like how it handles, and enjoy being able to creep at stop signs and light without weaving.
What has anyone done to make it your own?

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome.

This months Motorcyclist magazine claimed the new Versys 650 was one of the most engaging, best handling motorcycles regardless of price. I find that hard to believe, but they sure are a hell of a bargain. You did well to buy one.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: North Andover? I was born in Andover -a long, long time ago!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Welcome.

This months Motorcyclist magazine claimed the new Versys 650 was one of the most engaging, best handling motorcycles regardless of price. I find that hard to believe, but they sure are a hell of a bargain. You did well to buy one.
Believe it, it has been since 2007

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
What has anyone done to make it your own?
I tweaked the throttle position sensor to enrichen the mixture. The engine was running really nicely when cold and still on "choke", but when warmed up it had an unpleasant vibration from 2000-3200 rpm. Only when applying throttle though, so when idling down hill it was still smooth. Must be running too lean, so with a little tweak it is running nicely, with no decrease in fuel economy.

I also put some scuffs on the underside of the right side foot pegs by tipping the bike over in the garage while moving it around. :eek:

Spools on the rear swing arm to facilitate maintenance. The 2015 takes 8mm spools, whereas earlier years were 10mm. Be sure to buy 8mm for your bike! The wrench that fits is a 10mm, but the threads are M8.

Bought a T-Rex stand to lift it for maintenance. This is the one to get! Sturdy, doesn't interfere with the rear fender, and reasonably priced. Avoid the cheap ones from other companies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts