Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
Just picked up a 2009 Blue/Silver Versys 650 with 1604 Miles, all stock except for a Corbin Seat. My bud bought one last month and after taking it for a ride I had to get one!!! We just clocked our first ride together and this thing is a blast. I traded in a Yamaha XT but I'd say this is my first real street bike after years of racing motocross/playing in the dirt. Looking forward to poking around the forum and learning everything I can about this thing and seeing what options there are for making it better...

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
:welcome: Good Choice in color...I miss my old blue V......

IMG_0479 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, it's been a crazy two months to finish out 2018 especially since I took a new position at work so I haven't got to post at all. Weljo, do you remember what brand/style those mirrors were on your old blue V? They look similar to the mirrors on my bud's bike but they have no markings at all. His mirrors give a much better rear view than the stockers on my bike.

Weather has been pretty crappy since I got the bike so I've only got to put about 400 miles on it so far, some of that cold riding when I just couldn't resist. I'm looking at top cases as a good crew of friends are talking about road trips to South Texas/Northwest Arkansas when it gets warmer. But first I have to get new tires, with such low miles I'm sure these Dunlops are the original tires and 10 year old rubber makes me nervous. LoL, why can't I find a cheap hobby???

So, so far my only "upgrade" has been a real street helmet (I rode my XT with my motocross helmet) and then a Sena Bluetooth system. That is awesome, being able to talk to my riding partner(s) makes the ride so much more fun. I can't wait for more time on this bike!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
Thanks all, it's been a crazy two months to finish out 2018 especially since I took a new position at work so I haven't got to post at all. Weljo, do you remember what brand/style those mirrors were on your old blue V? ...
FWIW - I replaced the stock mirrors on BOTH my '08 and '09 V650s w/ Aprilia Tuono mirrors, and they are GREAT! Basically - NO vibrations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts