Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am have been happy reading and getting great tips from you guys but I guess it's about time to say hi.

I started riding about 4 years ago & this is my 3rd bike but my first "adventure" bike. I haven't yet had a chance to put too many miles on it (this break-in period is insane), but it is a fun bike! The bigger test will be taking it up into the mountain twisties; the pegs on my Vulcan scrape. I am looking forward to no pegs scraping! If the ride is just as fun as on the Vulcan without the scraping, this will be my bike for those hills.

I look forward to learning lots more from everyone on this forum. Thank you for adding me.

Cheers &
Enjoy the Ride

·
Registered
453 Posts
:welcome: from downunder. Enjoy your ride.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new V-300. I have about 900 miles on mine and really enjoy it. I think you will really like the V300 in the twisties. I think it handles so well and I have not been close to dragging my pegs yet. I also wouldn't worry too much about the break-in period as well. Just vary your rpm's and you will be fine.

If you think the gearing is a bit too high you may want to think of getting a 16 tooth counter sprocket. I did this and the bike seems much more relaxed..IMO. I also thought the stock seat was too hard and I bought the other seat that Kaw makes and it is a huge improvement, and it only costs about $200.

Tell us how you enjoy the bike in the twisties. Have fun.

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I broke-in ALL THREE of my Vs THIS way (on the ride HOME from the dealer, then changed the oil), and NONE of them 'use' oil:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
Oil? You mean some people need to "top up" between oil changes?
Not me. I use varying revs with minimal throttle for the first 1,000kms. The versys X-300 particularly needs at least 5,000rpm in the higher gears to avoid lugging - which I believe is far worse for the engine.
Keep those revs up Carolina Girl - your X 300 will like you for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gorgeous Day to Ride!

So I let the hubby help with this break-in period. Haha... keeping the RPMs down is driving him nuts. Apparently, he doesn't usually pay attention to the dealership's specs.

It's a fun little bike, I am looking forward to getting it closer to that redline and installing a new windshield (my eyes are on CalSci). Anything at and over 50 has me ducking under the wind. I'd rather just ride and enjoy it.

It was also a pretty perfect day to load everyone up to go to the creek.

Tomorrow, the bike gets it's first wash! 😄

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome! It is the time of year where I only ride from sun up to about 10 in the morning. Come on fall! :)
Was on my bike at 5:30 AM today. Rode close to 2 hours. Grabbed breakfast for the family on the way back. Everyone is happy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts