Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Versys 300 for the wife, let the mods begin...

16K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. This weekend I traded in my old 2009 Versys 650 towards a mothers day present for my wife. Lots of farkles are currently enroute to our home. LOL Of course my wife being all of 4'11" tall Ill have to lower it a touch. There doesn't seem to be a lot of foam to work with in the seat for reducing the seat height though. I removed the SWMotect plate and givi topcase to put on her bike. I have lowering links from T-rex coming as well as their adjustable side stand. Im not big on lowering bikes but not much of a choice when you're a shorty. Shes had several bike previously, I built her a nice SV650S with GSXR suspension parts that she loved but we sold it when we moved.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Beautiful bike. You can farkle the X300 in many ways. I have a Youtube Channel dedicated to the upgrading and moding the X300. The Channel name is: trekOCLVone. I recommend safety items first like swap out all bulbs to LED. After that crash bars and a T-Rex Heavy Duty Skid plate that can be beefed up to lift the whole bike on a motorcycle jack. And then many more fun projects like changing the front sprocket to a 15 tooth rubber bumpered sprocket. All this an more on my YouTube channel.
LInk: https://www.youtube.com/user/trekOCLVone/videos

Fellow youtuber!!! Great minds think alike, first are the lights. :)

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Discussion starter · #12 ·
That is a very nice colour scheme.
About the seat height- I have only had my 18 model a couple of months and considered lowering the bikes dog bones.
When I looked online, prices were quite expensive, especially if bought from the the US and shipped over here to the UK.
Shipping and customs can drive the prices up to the point of an item not being worth it, thats for sure. I went with the T-Rex adjustable dog bones and they are supposed to be here Friday.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
The bog bones aren't rocket surgery - just clone the stock dog bones with about 3/4" longer distance (your mileage will vary) between the mounting holes for one inch of drop on the bike.
Yeap I made a whole drawer full of them for her SV650. LOL I wanted adjustable ones this time around though but 3/4" = 1" drop is good to know.

Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Hi Mike.

I am interested in adding these to my bike as well. I know it may not matter but when I clicked the link for the lights it said that the fitment is not for the 2022 Versys 300x. Just curious if you have had any issues and why it would say it would not fit the bike.

Thanks for any info!!

Paul
It’s a standard 1157 base bulb. It literally fits 1000s of different vehicles but probably not OEM which we already know since the OEM is not an LED.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Mike, It's a 1157 bulb (rear tail light & brighter stop light) You can just edit your comment above to reduce any confusion. Great find by the way with the blinking stop light feature. I'm going to order it now. The LED I have has been working great but without the blinking feature. I'm all for safety - and with this bulb more safety. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I knew what I meant but my fingers didnt listen. LOL

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Found some yellow aux lights I like. They put out a good beam but to be honest they are mostly for visibility when commuting and they accel at that. They are Amazon cheapies but if they last great. If not I’m not out much $$$. What I like most is how small and light weight they are.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.