Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just purchased my Versys 1000 the other day and its a fantastic bike but I'm having an issue already...

When the bike is moving at any speed there is a constant buzzing, or a tinging noise coming from what sounds like the rear. It only goes away when I stop. The speed of the tinging noise is always the same so I don't think its the chain (i never rode a chain driving bike before).

ALSO, there is a separate buzzing noise coming from the front when I am accelerating. Once i let off the throttle the buzzing noise goes away. This noise is far louder than the other noise, and is only present when accelerating. It sounds like theres a washer or something loose but I checked everywhere and didn't see anything that could rattle around.

I saw a couple sticky posts addressing the buzzing noises coming from the ferring on older model Versys but I wasn't sure if the same issue continued into the 2015 model. Does anyone else have a 15 with these weird noises?

I am going to take it back to the dealer to have them look at it and hopefully fix it, but I was hoping to get some thoughts about it first before I go in there.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
:welcome: I have a 1000 but haven't heard any buzzing or strange noises coming from it. Sorry I have no input but hopefully the dealer can help you out.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey guys.

Just purchased my Versys 1000 the other day and its a fantastic bike but I'm having an issue already...

When the bike is moving at any speed there is a constant buzzing, or a tinging noise coming from what sounds like the rear. It only goes away when I stop. The speed of the tinging noise is always the same so I don't think its the chain (i never rode a chain driving bike before).

ALSO, there is a separate buzzing noise coming from the front when I am accelerating. Once i let off the throttle the buzzing noise goes away. This noise is far louder than the other noise, and is only present when accelerating. It sounds like theres a washer or something loose but I checked everywhere and didn't see anything that could rattle around.

I saw a couple sticky posts addressing the buzzing noises coming from the ferring on older model Versys but I wasn't sure if the same issue continued into the 2015 model. Does anyone else have a 15 with these weird noises?

I am going to take it back to the dealer to have them look at it and hopefully fix it, but I was hoping to get some thoughts about it first before I go in there.

Any help is appreciated!
I usually pump music in my ears, but I have heard my fairing buzz a little on occasion when I didn't. Now that it's gotten some mileage on it, I haven't heard it.

The tinging could be pinging. Be sure to use proper octane fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just using whatever the dealership put in the tank when I took it home so far. Should I fill it with premium when its empty?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I'm just using whatever the dealership put in the tank when I took it home so far. Should I fill it with premium when its empty?
Not trying to be a smarta$$, but what does the owner's manual say? Oh, and :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trying to be a smarta$$, but what does the owner's manual say? Oh, and :welcome:
Says at least 90 octane... In willing to bet the dealership used 87 or something. The manual even says there will be a noise if the wrong fuel is used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also just got a 2015 1000 yesterday. Today went for a long bike ride and did hear buzzing, but didn't think it was nothing wrong. This bike is a lot quieter than my Honda. The one thing I noticed is that I can not ride it with the traction control on any mode, it annoys the heck out of me. I rather turn it off and feel the bike so I can ride it comfortably. With the traction control I feel like I am fighting the bike on every corner, turn or acceleration. Hope there is nothing wrong with your bike. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I also just got a 2015 1000 yesterday. Today went for a long bike ride and did hear buzzing, but didn't think it was nothing wrong. This bike is a lot quieter than my Honda. The one thing I noticed is that I can not ride it with the traction control on any mode, it annoys the heck out of me. I rather turn it off and feel the bike so I can ride it comfortably. With the traction control I feel like I am fighting the bike on every corner, turn or acceleration. Hope there is nothing wrong with your bike. Ride safe.
Interesting. I keep mine on 1 and have never noticed it activate. I have noticed wheel spin though. Even happened today in the rain.

One thing I have noticed is that at higher speeds and bigger lean angles, the bike seems to want to wander. I find it to be very touch sensitive to begin with, so it may just be that I don't have enough finesse, but I wonder if the ignition may be fooling with me. If it is, it is to a much lesser degree than say the rev limiter, which is abundantly obvious even with Physical Graffiti pegging the MP3 on ten.

·
Super Moderator
19,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,228 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts