Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies and gents, I am brand new to the forum and just bought my 2016 Versys 1000 LT today. It was lightly used, with just under 2300 miles on it. It’s still at the dealership as I ordered the Kawi fog light bar and electrical outlet and they’re going to install them. They’re also storing it for me through the winter since I live in Maine and don’t have a garage. I’ll be picking it up in March most likely, so now I have a long winter waiting and hoping for an early thaw. In the meantime, I’m watching a lot of videos on YouTube and reading up in the forums here.

This is my third bike, and my second Kawi. My first was a Kawi KZ750. I believe it was an 83 or 84. Next I had a Ducati Monster 620, but I’ve been without a bike for about 5 years now. This is my first sport-tourer and I can’t wait to put some serious miles on my Versys.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, I sold my last bike because my kids were young and I felt like I never had time to ride. It was depressing to just see it sit there in my garage. The kids are older now and I’ve got plenty of free time. I look forward to filling it with miles.

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome: Bought mine in 2016 and still loving it... Glad i live where we can ride all year round....

P1020318 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
7,878 Posts
:welcome:it will a long waiting period before you get the sun to ride, but it will be worth the waiting..Happy New year and congrats on your new ride - be safe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome

:welcome:

From a Maine Native (left the state in 1963, but visit every year)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the greetings everyone. I’m glad to be here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts