Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new owner in Ireland, just putting up some break in miles at the moment.:)

Has anyone wired in an extra cigarette accessory socket on the V1000 yet?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
:welcome:

I'm not sure there are many V1000 owners just yet....
but I don't think it's very different from the little brother ..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pictures, man, we need pictures.
Ya! Know you came here for installing the electrical component, but post some pics please. And I'm sure you're smiling with your new bike, but let us know your thoughts on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
875 Posts
In regard to your question, go to the Powerlet web site, there are many solutions.

I use this and there are many different ways to get to different devices

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome!

I second that request.....let's see some pictures!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, I think you are our first V1000 owner! And welcome aboard!!

:thumb:
Yep. I'm imagining a new forum/section here in the not too distant future for v1000 riders.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Greetings I agree with bear you are the first V1000 owner I have seen on the forum so far. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello... :welcome:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: Dude, just use a lighter! Don't burn your stator out! :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got out for a spin

Hi All, I finally got out for decent spin on Saturday. I was out for two hours with a mixture of motorway, A roads and mountain riding. First impressions - OW - my neck is sore!!!! Reading here says that the first thing I need is a replacement Givi touring screen. Unfortunately they don't make one yet for the new Versys :-(

Otherwise the bike was great, lots of lovely smooth power meant I kept running out of gears. On the motorway it accelerates quietly and smoothly, head buffeting was a factor over 120kmh. I didn't use earplugs first trip as I wanted to hear all noises, so they would make 140kmh cruising ok, if not for screen giving me neck/back ache.

Tank range is good - I predict that in mixed touring 250 - 280 km would be achievable regularly.

Brakes were very good, and the bike is nice and flickable in the twisties.

Overall it is a great bike, but taller riders like me(6'2") will all have to change the screens. Can't wait to get past the break in period so I can open her up :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
About my new bike Versys 1000

Hi I`ve bought versys 1000. Riding is very easy on the road and forest trails. Engine, gearbox, brakes,position are exellent. There`s no vibration up to 6000/min. Your legs are hidden in 100%, there`s no wind on your hands because of the shape of windshield. Consumption of fuel after 2000 km: 5,6 liters/100 km( riding in town and on the roads). I`ve got gear indicator, engine guards, heated hands, 12V, scottoiler, I`m waiting for grand tourer equipment (cases, handbars)
Disadvantages:
- there`s no Hydraulic clutch
- windshield on the highways is two small, so I`m waiting for MRA X-creen
- your right foot is heated by engine during hot days
- brakes on trails are too strong so you`ve got to be carefull
- low power option causes more fuel consumption, so I use it only during rain
- comfort on bad roads is only during very slow riding, if you ride faster, the bike starts shaking

Despite of that, I love this bike!!!

My previous bike: I`ve got Suzuki V-strom 650 for 5 years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts