Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello, My name is Chuck and I am interested in replacing my 1993 XT350 with a Versys 300x. Looked at a almost new NON ABS one today at a local dealer. Was supposed to be a NON- ABS unit. Interesting was no pulser ring on the front wheel but the fork has the mounting boss for a abs sensor. The rear wheel had a pulser ring and a sensor mounted. This bike had less than 500 miles on it. Is this how the NON ABS comes from the factory, or did some one disable the ABS system. Need an answer so i can decide to make an offer or walk away. Thanks for any insight you all can give me. Also looking to replace my 2014 FJR and 2014 Wee with a Versys 1000LT in a couple of years. ..

RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
14 DL650 (Wee II)
93 XT350 (Girly Bike)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome:to the forum

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Can anybody post close up pictures of the Front and Rear wheel (right Side) of a NON ABS 300X. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Verseys

Just picked up a Versys 300X Non ABS. I really do like the Versys 300X. Not quite as much dirt oriented as my XT350 (which is up for sale) but then I am getting too old for serious off road riding. The Versys is going to be my city bike and dirt road machine. Very easy to ride. Very light clutch and great fuel range 4.5 Gal tank with about 65 mpg Got a great deal on a lightly used machine, less than 500 miles on the clock and two year warranty still left. PO only had bike for three months.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome & congratulations. I picked up a 300X abs for more or less the same reasons except it's mostly a rural paved and dirt road cruiser for me. I predict that the more you ride yours the more you'll like it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats. That color just does nothing for me. Doesn't even seem like a Kawasaki in that muted color. LOL!

Did you figure out if the ABS was monkeyed with or if that was the way it came from the factory?
Thanks, That is the way they come from the Factory. Color is subjective. I am not really fond of the Kawasaki Grass Hopper Green. So all is good.:wink2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts