Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
All the folks that are in love with the 1000 are going to flip over that thing! I've always preferred the 650 myself...

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I like it. Definitely much nicer than the current one.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
More appealing than the Versys 1000.

Honda will also reintroduce a new Africa Twin in 2015. Pictures are the old 2002 model.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Passione-Motori/Moto/01-07-2013/nuova-africa-twin-honda-20695394307.shtml#0

Google Translation:
The phrase that has warmed the hearts of all Enduro riders in the world it delivered Vito Cicchetti, general manager of Honda Italy, during an interview with Motorcycling : "He will come the new Africa Twin and will have a two-cylinder engine." Evidently, in the house of the Wing must have realized that they had at home a treasure that for some reason had stopped to exploit. Who led an Africa Twin knows what that means: the XRV750 (the acronym of production of the last Africa Twin, license plate 2003) was an excellent bike, steady like a train, very good both on the road and highway, but even better on the dirt road. And above all he needed little maintenance. Not by chance still on the Italian roads will circulate many: the proverbial resistance of the bike makes it still an investment that never gets old.

WAITING TO BE DISCOVERED - Details are few, but we do know that the new Africa Twin will not see the light until 2015. It will therefore be unveiled to the public during the Intermot in Cologne in 2014. A long wait will be worth the effort with numerous innovations. It will be a revolutionary bike and very devoted to off-road vehicles, according to statements by Honda managers. It is therefore likely that will have a completely new engine, while many details cycling and style will be taken dall'immarcescibile Africa Twin produced from 1988 (when the displacement was 650). Imagine also that, given the type of bike, it could be equipped with the DCT semi-automatic transmission that is becoming increasingly popular in the Honda range. The only thing on which we would like to put my finger on it is that at least one of the liveries will be presented the classic white with red stripes and blue, with dark blue saddle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts