Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings forum members. Hope this first post makes it through, as I've been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks. I have been riding same bike for 9 years, and this February traded in my black (and very chromed-out) '03 Honda Spirit 1100 for a nice metallic red '11 Versys. I've rung up about 550 miles since, and expect to be changing the oil & filter by this weekend. It has been a challenge trying to keep the revs < 4K, as I'm a big believer in adhering to the break-in. I ride highway on the evening commutes, so 4K is a slowish 55mph. I've found the V to have pleasant amt of pickup at the 3K part of the power band. Performed first oil change at 100 mi (not the filter) and replaced the OEM oil with Mobil1 10w40. Come this weekend, will be replacing with Valvoline 4T motorcycle 10w40 synth and a Walmart Supertech ST7317 filter. My Honda Spirit was solid machine, truly maint-free, outside of the tires, o & f. I chose to change mostly for the more-std riding ergo of the V. The bike is indeed a good fit for me, and have no problem with the 33-in seat height. Enjoy your Spring riding season, all.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, if i ever get a brand new bike again i am tempted to drop the first oil out after 5 to 10 miles.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:welcome: "Walmart Supertech ST7317 filter" you have been 'here' a while! ;)

You'll probably love the V even more when you can hit the 6-8k rpms. :thumb:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome. The standard riding position of the Versys was the main reason I bought it but as it turned out it is the most fun I've had on any bike I have owned.....BONUS!
:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where in south FL? I'm in the Boca area and just bought a V, too.

Oh yeah and welcome!! This is a great site with a wealth of collective knowledge and experience. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome.

I love Florida, particularly Kissimmee because of Disney World, Universal Studios, a great place to relax and let loose. Been there 5X cause I love it so much, pretty much know the roads at the back of my head then. Feels pretty safe in FL, compared to NYC, it was pretty stressful to drive around NYC. Was staying in AL then, attending the U of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.

·
Registered
43 Posts
welcome

im a NE FLORIDA V rider myself,have the same bike check out my pics under sticks pics, im a new member also. Always enjoy every ride , just did 6- DAYS AT DAYTONA BIKE WEEK.WAS A BLAST,HAVE FUN ,BE SAFE

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome!

Enjoy your new ride. I spend time in northeast Florida, too, but the Sunshine State is pretty-much flat & straight. Now in western Pennsylvania where the roads are sooooo wonderful.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hope you have better luck then most finding the SuperTech oil filter. Seems Wal-Mart has discontinued them around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts