Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I finally made it! Been reading this forum for 2 months gathering info. before I got my V and yall made getting in to this bike awesome. I've got 540 miles....so far so good. Whats cool is everything people have posted about their experience on this bike has come true. I was prepared for those quirks and blips. I was also blown away by what this bike has done so far. Look forward to being a continuing part of this forum...and BTW, I'm a hands on do it yourselfer and do 90% of all my work except going into the motor. :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
As a DIY'er,do yourself the favor and check your oil level inspection window. There seem to have been a number of owners that have weeping oil at the bottom of the window. Kawasaki is aware of the issue and it is a warrenty fix, however, if you run the bike at highway speeds, getting the engine oil pressure up, when you stop and shut down a little bit of oil will drip. Unfortunately it ends up dripping on the exhaust. ***smokey mess***
BTW :welcome:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. No drips or smoke yet, but I will watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bayou,
I was wondering where you bought your V from. I'll be looking to get mine sometime in October hopefully and wanted to start "shopping" dealers in the area. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts