Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally posting here after lurking for years just so I can get my privileges up to post some brake cables in the for sale forum. Currently trying to decide whether to trade my Versys in for a new CB500X or to redo the bike with a distopian mech battle theme.

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:

Trade it!!! You're going to a smaller bike with less "umph" but if you do your own maintenance you're going to be very happy!

I've been eyeing those CB500X's for a while. They look like a fun bike for around the town. And I know Honda's and how easy they are to maintain!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the CB cause I want something that weighs less, and i don't need big displacement (my other bike is a 390 and that's enough for me). But i'm not sure it's worth the trouble of dealing with the sales process, the dmv, and the extra cost just to have a bike that weighs like 30lb less. Although, i suppose it carries its weight a little lower so the overall effect is of a light bike. I finally last year started actually doing a bunch of highway miles, and that's definitely helped with my appreciation of the Versys... it feels really confident out there on a three lane road. Basically, my other bike is my sexy bike, and the Versys or the CB would be my functional ride. Very torn right now!

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts