Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the Yukon and I needed a bike to do it on. I'm thinking this bike is the ticket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic of the bike, bought it with 6,200 km on a 2012. came with Kawi side bags

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Nice! I don't intentionally ride off road, but if I did I believe I would replace the tires with something more suited to off road riding. I imagine you will receive many suggestions if you ask what those who intentionally ride off road have mounted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Arion, but I did actually already buy a set of Shinko 705's. The pic is from March when I bought it and I've put about 1,300 km on so far since then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the club! I am one year in on my Versys and love it. However, I have yet to do any heavy touring yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

The Yukon? Going to D2d in Dawson...? Here're pics of my two V650s up there awhile back. The '09 on the Dempster Hwy.

Oiling the chain on my '15 - a few miles S of Dawson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:welcome: aboard!

The Yukon? Going to D2d in Dawson...? Here're pics of my two V650s up there awhile back. The '09 on the Dempster Hwy.

Oiling the chain on my '15 - a few miles S of Dawson.
I originally planned to go to D2d (found out about it by fluke) but I work in oil and gas and have a turnaround I have to work through June/July.

I'm heading up at the end of Aug.

Nice pics by the way, I can't wait to go, it'll be my first trip there, couldn't think of a better way to do it.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I originally planned to go to D2d (found out about it by fluke) but I work in oil and gas and have a turnaround I have to work through June/July.

I'm heading up at the end of Aug.

Nice pics by the way, I can't wait to go, it'll be my first trip there, couldn't think of a better way to do it.
I've ridden to the Yukon and/or Alaska SIX times: ONCE on an '03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, TWICE on an '04 KLR650, THREE times on a V650.

TWICE on this one (in '13 and '15 for D2D)

and ONCE on this one (in '16 for D2D)!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok? I don’t get it? I have been replying to this thread. What am I doing wrong?

Never had a problem on other forums posting, or not posting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts