Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from Colorado. I found the forum when doing some searches for misc questions I had about the Versys, and since I found answers that made sense here, I decided to join.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I picked up a blue 2013 Versys 650 with less than 7500 miles on it this week because I was looking to downsize from my previous bike, but I still wanted something that would be fun to ride. I'd seen a couple Versys around town previously and found the looks to be intriguing. After doing some research, I decided I would take a test ride on one and go from there. I found one at a local shop, rode it, and decided that it was what I wanted. The bike I had just before this was an '08 Concours 14, which while it was fun to ride due to the power, but I found it to be more bike than I wanted for the riding I do. I don't have the opportunity to go on the long trips that it was designed for, and found the majority of my riding being around town. I decided that I wanted something lighter, more maneuverable, and capable of a wider variety of riding - hence the move to the Versys. Being 6'3", I found the Versys more comfortable as well. I haven't had the chance to get any pictures yet, and it will be at least a couple days before I can with the weather we are having right now, but once I get some I'll post them up.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a V1K and it fits me pretty good at 6-7. I like the Concours14 also, but would probably have to put risers on the bars and lower the pegs. Wouldn't mind having something to do long rides on, but the V1K is pretty versatile and easy for around town riding. I guess that's how it got its name, duh!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Alaska and a fellow Gen2 650 owner

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Now if it would stop snowing, I could get it out and go for a ride...
Perfect time to do some pre season modding!! The best way to get to know your bike a little better :)

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone.

One of the many good things about the Denver Metro area is that it can be snowing and cold one day and 60 degress and sunny the next day. Got out on the V for a couple hours today, ad I'm confident that I made the right decision on the bike. Looking forward to many more rides to come.

I had time to take a quick picture after I got back, so it's attached.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts