Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm Vishnu, a Wee Strom rider, and past Honda ST1100 lover. I am considering trading in my V Strom for a Versys 650 LT :) at my nearby dealership, and I'm being offered $7000 MSRP on the LT.

I hope to learn more from this forum, and get to know the Versys better!

I'm 6"3, 205 lbs, and I had setup the Wee with updated suspension and other stuff, but the new Versys looks really good, and better suited to my SPort Touring needs. I miss my ST1100, and I didnt really feel as loved/moved by the Wee as I thought I would (its a fantastic bike!)

Looking forward to connecting with the wonderful folks here.

Here;s some pictures of my Wee :)

I write about the mods on my Wee on my personal blog at Paleo Gyan ? Experiences from the real world (Motorcycles, Paleo Living, Rock climbing, etc) ? Sharing my humble opinion on subjects that excite yours truly ? Paleo living, running, secular spirituality, photography, motorcycling, LGBTQ rights, Podca !

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome...............$7K for a new 650 LT Versys? That's a pretty good deal.
There's some Michigan dealerships offering the 650 LT for $6500. Found them using cycletrader.com

Thanks for the inputs! :)

I'm trying to think about the LT vs regular model - any reason why you'd choose one over the other ?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
There's some Michigan dealerships offering the 650 LT for $6500. Found them using cycletrader.com

Thanks for the inputs! :)

I'm trying to think about the LT vs regular model - any reason why you'd choose one over the other ?

There is a ton of after market parts for this bike just as there is for the VStrom.

LT option is color matched hard saddle bags. I prefer just a GIVI top box for commuting and carrying a passenger and then add cheap soft saddle bags to this for the occasional camping trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a ton of after market parts for this bike just as there is for the VStrom.

LT option is color matched hard saddle bags. I prefer just a GIVI top box for commuting and carrying a passenger and then add cheap soft saddle bags to this for the occasional camping trip.
Thanks for the perspective!

·
Registered
972 Posts
The LT also comes with hand guards in addition to the saddlebags. I added the Kawasaki 47 liter top box to mine also (made by Givi). I'm thinking it will make a decent Tourer.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

The LT also (in 2015, anyway...) had an extra year warranty....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello from Mason, Vishnu. Hope to see you out there. I ride an '08 like I stole it around town.
I nearly bought an 09 previously, but it was a little small for my 6'3" frame :( the new versys looks much closer to the v strom size. I'm looking forward to doing a long test ride this weekend :) !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts