Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first ever Versys 650... Very excited...:clap: Will get it in a day or two,:eek:penarms:
W.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
:welcome:

You'll love the little beast. Whatever you decide to make of it from offroader to Sporttourer she fill the bill. The only limitation is your imagination. :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

:thanx:
Thank you all.
My first question: can I go on gravel roads or I need to change tires .?
Also, I saw great posting about saddle bags,any more recommendations ? For places in Canada?
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I use my versys on gravel roads all the time and my driveway itself is 650m of gravel. Currently running normal road tyres Bridgestone BT023's

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thank you all.
Also, I saw great posting about saddle bags,any more recommendations ? For places in Canada?
Thanks,
Like kiwi said, a guy can, with limitations ride on dirt/gravel with street tires. It's got alot to do with rider abilities as well. IF you plan on doing more than your share of dirt traveling you might want to look into something a little more agressive like the Shinko 705's. BTW you should make plans to head towards Dawson City Yukon in June for D2D:thumb: It's a blast.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kiwi, how do the BT23's handle on the dirt/gravel? Or do you take it easy on that "road". 1/2 mile for a driveway, I'm lucky to have 50 ft.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Kiwi, how do the BT23's handle on the dirt/gravel? Or do you take it easy on that "road". 1/2 mile for a driveway, I'm lucky to have 50 ft.
I also run my ninja 1000 the same tyres and have no problems on my drive but when riding either of the bikes on more heavy gravel roads will take it easy, on the versys will stand on the pegs if required.

To answer your question the BT023's, they still are a road tyre and these bikes are road bikes, the versys does handle better on gravel than the ninja but in my opinion is still a road bike with 17 inch wheel.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
It'll get better as you rack up a few miles.

And Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a twisted throttle pelican box. Not as sporty looking as some top boxes but holds a lot of stuff, is waterproof and very tuff. If you don't mind the look, it's very practical.

·
Super Moderator
19,154 Posts
Thank you all.
Thanks,
Yes - just watch your speeds (and stand on the 'pegs like Phil advises).

I recently bought tires and saddle-bags from a place in Montreal, but their name escapes me. Anyone...?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts