Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2012 Versys 650 a few weeks ago. It has only 4k miles and runs well. I plan to use it for commuting in the suburbs and some light touring.

My last bike was a circa 1976 Yamaha RD350. Bikes have come a long way since the smoker. I seem to remember the 350 engine being smoother than the Kawi 650.

The bike came with nice side cases, but nothing on the back. I ordered a top case, but it was incompatible with the side cases. I really only want a passenger backrest so I lessen the chances of someone falling off the back.

I see plenty of backrests for newer models or the Versys 1000. Anyone see something I can use with my factory side cases? I can fab if necessary.

Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
just keep researching what's compatible with the oem side cases. the incompatibility will be with the top rack and the pannier side supports. i've always ran a sw motech top rack with givi top case, and fieldsheer expander saddlebags and tail pack. with the givi top case, you can add a back pad for the pillon.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have immense admiration for anyone brave enough to ride in metro Boston, unless it's changed since I was last there. Aren't the OEM bags made by Givi? If so there should be a compatible top case.

One of my all time favorite bikes was a 1971 Suzuki T500J two stroke twin, and despite vast improvements in motorcycles I wish to this day I had kept it. It was known at the time as the blue denim motorcycle because, like a pair of Levis, it never wore out.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts