Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I just got a 2010 Versys , just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to take it out of storage, I have a Kawasaki z750 that I really like but it's hard on long rides and after some research and hanging around with a buddy that has a V-strom and seen how after a long rides he would just walk away just like that and I'm walking like an old man, the sport touring seems like a great idea. Only thing is that I might have to lower it a a bit, slightly tall for me, otherwise I heard only good things about it.
Now to sell my z750:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome. My bike seemed really tall when I got it, but I got used to it quickly and really like the high view. Enjoy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the Motowerk lowering kit (didn't know it at the time, just knew it had been "lowered") and although I don't really need it, I can say it's an awesome add on :D

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hello all
I just got a 2010 Versys , just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to take it out of storage, I have a Kawasaki z750 that I really like but it's hard on long rides and after some research and hanging around with a buddy that has a V-strom and seen how after a long rides he would just walk away just like that and I'm walking like an old man, the sport touring seems like a great idea. Only thing is that I might have to lower it a a bit, slightly tall for me, otherwise I heard only good things about it.
Now to sell my z750:goodluck:
Welcome from a native New Brunswicker. What part of the province are you in?

As for the height issue I think you will adapt unless you have an inseam under 30 inches. The bike will seem tall at first with a high center of gravity at a stop at first but this sensation disappears above 5mph and after a day of riding.

Do check out SW-Motech engine bars. Mine have paid for themselves several times over in saved damage to the bike. Also a few accessories like a touring windshield can be really nice to have, particularly if you ride in April, November, December or do frequent highway travel. A Vicious Cycle are a good source of accessories for the Versys in Canada and much cheaper than the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts