Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
:welcome: A hornet? This Yank doesn't recognize the name. Educate me?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fyi

The Honda CB600F (known as the Hornet in Europe and Brazil and 599 in the U.S.) is a standard motorcycle manufactured by Honda.[1][2][3] It is powered by a 599*cc (36.6*cu*in) liquid-cooled inline-four engine, originally a detuned version of that in the Honda CBR600 sport bike, which currently produces around 102*bhp (76*kW). The 'Hornet' name was not taken to North America as AMC had trademarked the name with the AMC Hornet. The Hornet comes in models: 250, 600 & 900.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome! I moved to BC from Calgary a few years ago....where abouts in southern Alberta are you?

·
Registered
805 Posts
My buddy has a 2004 or 2005 Honda 599 in yellow. He loves that bike more than life itself. I have ridden it many times, and it truly is a great bike. When I first got my V I let him take it out, and he said "if I was looking at a new bike I would buy a V in a second. Tons of fun." I hope you enjoy the V as much as we do.
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
The Honda CB600F (known as the Hornet in Europe and Brazil and 599 in the U.S.) is a standard motorcycle manufactured by Honda.[1][2][3] It is powered by a 599*cc (36.6*cu*in) liquid-cooled inline-four engine, originally a detuned version of that in the Honda CBR600 sport bike, which currently produces around 102*bhp (76*kW). The 'Hornet' name was not taken to North America as AMC had trademarked the name with the AMC Hornet. The Hornet comes in models: 250, 600 & 900.
Thanks for the education. AMC Hornet, huh? One of the worst cars ever! Sorry, Hornet fans. ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pincher Creek, that's nice country down there. Some pretty decent riding I would imagine, close to the mountains too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts