Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Picked up my bike last week 2021 model 1000S ex-demo with 81km on the clock and a whole lot cheaper than brand new. From what I have done so far, 120km on it I;m really impressed, a lot better than I expected out of the twisty open road. I never took it for a test ride, all new bikes feel OK around suburban streets, just sat on it and knew it was comfortable enough and the ergonomics felt right. My other bikes are a DR650 and Harley Low Rider, just sold my VFR 800 to buy this.

Im looking forward to doing some long rides on this bike cant wait to get it our of the garage this weekend.

Regards
Leachy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done it slightly differently and put my VFR800 up for sale AFTER buying a Versys, admittedly an old one.

I'm already considering a later model but performance wise, I don't think there's a great deal of difference. I think differences are mainly down to features and gadgets and stuff like that.

Enjoy your new toy and hopefully I'll get to read about your experience and opinion about it. Then again, if it's positive I'll have to open my wallet for a second time - this century! :D

·
Super Moderator
20,276 Posts
I "test-rode" an '07 V650 in Canada, then I read where MOTORCYCLIST magazine picked the '08 as MOTY '08. I was in the process of buying a new house in AZ, so I called a local Kawi dealer and ordered an '08 for AZ. Here's a pic of the THREE of us....

DSC01032 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I liked the '08 so much that I bought a 'left-over' '09 (in Nov '10) to take back to Canada to replace my '04 KLR650

DSC02286 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC05447 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and then built a 'trailer-kit' at Harbor-Freight to take the new V650 (the GREEN HORNET) to Canada in early '11.

DSC05955 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

(y)(y)(y)

:love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts