Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up a brand new 2014 ABS. I'm moving up from previously having a KLR650 when I was 17, and a 1982 Yamaha Seca 650 over the past two years.

I've decided I was done messing with carburetors, and although I'm not the biggest fan of the green... IT'S A DAMN FINE BIKE.

I've got 400 miles on her, and I try to ride every day on backroads to break her in before hopefully doing a 1000 miles or so on the 4th of july weekend.

Anyone think thats a bad idea? I did the whole motoman thing, changed my oil at 30 and 100 miles, and plan to do it again when I hit 500.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track:thumb: Welcome to the family:usa:

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm hoping a 1000 mile trip after a ~500 mile break in isn't so bad. I'm going to really try and load the miles on before I do...

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to this great forum.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
You bought a Kawasaki and your not a fan of green? What are you a honda rider? :eek:penarms: Relax I'm just kidding ya.
Mine was all black and I had it painted green love me Kwakas :cheers:
Oh yeah pix please

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts
Welcome from the fastest colour here the mighty burnt orange
SECOND fastest color, Phil - second...!:stickpoke:

:welcome: aboard!

Here's the FASTEST color...
;)

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome, and don't worry, green was the right color. Frog

·
Registered
99 Posts
In my opinion the 14 green is the best looking one yet!
But the 09 blue is certainly second.

·
Registered
145 Posts
:welcome::welcome:
Did my running in simular to the Motoman method, but only changed the oil at the first 100 (mineral), then 1000 (synthetic) Sounds like your doing the right thing. Enjoy the long trip.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm in SF and my folks have a couple acres up in Windsor. I love day trips around the area and am down for some weekend trips too. Couple weekends ago I went up to Lake Pillsbury in Mendocino National Forest and would go back in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just did a somewhat epic journey. Napa to Crescent City up the 101/1, then back down to hwy 36. Started in dripping fog and redwood groves around 50 degrees, then up above the clouds into Trinity county, and finally dropping down into 110 degree heat. The heat was awful, and so is the 505.

Highly recommend the 36, though. Dream road.

no cool pics, just a couple of the bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts