Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently joined the forum and finally found the bike to buy. A Craigslist find from Murphy, NC. I drove to Murphy yesterday and bought it.
Rode about 120 miles today and LOVE it!
I have owned all manner of bikes over the last 30 years and I think this might turn out to be my all time favorite.

After having done the narrow focus of sport bikes and track days, and the big sport touring bike and various other bikes of different styles, I already see the Versys is indeed a GREAT do-it-all bike.

It'll be tough to top the street legal XR 250, but the Versys might just take the top spot.

What a fun bike to ride!

(and it seems like it has a tendency to want to do wheelies ;) )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome--from the picture it looks like you live in beautiful area.

What tires are you running? It looks like an interesting tread pattern.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome--from the picture it looks like you live in beautiful area.

What tires are you running? It looks like an interesting tread pattern.

Mike

Mike, I live on the outskirts of Birmingham, and there are some very nice roads in the area. The Appalachian Mountains peter out in NW Alabama, so there are some nice foothills to ride and enjoy. And pretty scenery this time of year with the leaves changing color.

The tires are Avon Distanzia. The previous owner had just installed them. They have about 400 miles on them now.
I did not get crazy today, but so far am pretty impressed by their manners on the road. I read good things about them in general, so I expect I will be happy with them.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
After having done the narrow focus of sport bikes and track days, and the big sport touring bike and various other bikes of different styles, I already see the Versys is indeed a GREAT do-it-all bike.

)
:welcome:and do it all bike is right :thumb:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome from Ohio....I'm like you the Versys has turned into one of my favorite bike ever, maybe my favorite I've had bikes for over 40 years.....It's a tie for me with my Gen 1 FZ1, and the Versys...my top 3 ever are RD350's, the Versys, and the FZ1..

I love the area where you picked up your bike (Murphy,Andrews, Robbinsville) We usually go to the gap a couple times a year.

Congrats on your new bike....You'll love it I'm sure !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the area where you picked up your bike (Murphy,Andrews, Robbinsville) We usually go to the gap a couple times a year.
Same here. Sort of my second home now. Probably make it up 8, 9, 10 times a year. Great place to ride, drive and hang out with friends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts