Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 09 Versys since July 2011, and have been a passive user of this site every since. Love the bike; a perfect commuter for my 30 mile (one-way) jaunt on country roads to work.

I decided to post here because apparently you need to start a number of your own posts before you can comment on others. Today I tried to post a response to the question about oil in the filter box (I previously had a KLX 650 that was famous for this). Kawasaki has trouble with their breather designs so that excess oil forced out of the cylinder at high revs often doesn't drain back into the block, instead draining into the air filter and to the overflow line onto the garage floor. Not saying it's the problem in that case, but I've already noticed traces of oil in the overflow line on my bike with only 2500 miles on it.

Anyway, this is a useful site and I'm glad to be a Versys owner. In fact, I would like to be a Versys 1000 owner in the future if they bring it to the states. If they don't, I'll probably step up to a Tiger 800, 1050 or bargain-basement non-current Stelvio when I hit 12,000 miles...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts