Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought a 2015 Versys 650 LT this fall. Put something like 1000 miles on it before the weather forced me off. I'm interested in touring as my niche within motorcycling.

Lurking around here has been really helpful! There's some really good info here. Hoping to contribute some info of my own... Also recently replaced my SW Motech Frame Sliders with T-Rex Crash bars -- will be looking to find a new home for the sliders.

Looking forward to engaging with the community here!!!

- Scott

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:

Add your location and maybe you'll meet up with some fellow Versys owners and share some good rides!

Also, you didn't mention if you took the Motorcycle Safety Course, but if you haven't I STRONGLY recommend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey all,

I bought a 2015 Versys 650 LT this fall. Put something like 1000 miles on it before the weather forced me off. I'm interested in touring as my niche within motorcycling.

Lurking around here has been really helpful! There's some really good info here. Hoping to contribute some info of my own... Also recently replaced my SW Motech Frame Sliders with T-Rex Crash bars -- will be looking to find a new home for the sliders.

Looking forward to engaging with the community here!!!

- Scott
Welcome aboard. What made you decide to switch engine guards. I got my 2015 650LT today and am reviewing guard options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, you didn't mention if you took the Motorcycle Safety Course, but if you haven't I STRONGLY recommend.
I did! I took it in the spring to get my license since I have friends who have a couple of bikes and were trying to get me out to ride with them. Held off on the bug to buy until fall but getting more and more helplessly addicted :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What made you decide to switch engine guards. I got my 2015 650LT today and am reviewing guard options.
Well I wasn't sure that the frame sliders would give enough protection and I also had been looking at Aux lights... crash bars are a good mounting point!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! Mine came with T-Rex sliders. Never seen an engine guard on one of these.

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts