Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from DE.
I've been riding dirt bikes for 30 years. So finally after riding friend's bikes around town(mostly dual sports as they are dirt riders too) I went off the reservation and picked up a green '09 Versys yesterday with only 1300 miles on the clock. All smooth tires and more than one cylinder!
All 30 miles on it so far have been a blast though. I think I can resist putting knobbies on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: and:goodluck:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
New member from DE.
I've been riding dirt bikes for 30 years. So finally after riding friend's bikes around town(mostly dual sports as they are dirt riders too) I went off the reservation and picked up a green '09 Versys yesterday with only 1300 miles on the clock. All smooth tires and more than one cylinder!
All 30 miles on it so far have been a blast though. I think I can resist putting knobbies on it.
Welcome to the V family from Alaska:thumb:
GO AHEAD and dual sport it:goodidea: It's been done by quite a few of us. It's the best of both worlds. I too came off a 1988 XR600 "thumper" I miss it every once and a while. But now instead of having "A dirt bike with road manners" I have "A roadbike with dirt manners" :usa:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!
I'm enjoying/learning all about it for now, but down the road when it needs tires, I might have a tough decision to make. I saw amongst some google images a fella had what looked like a proper 19" front wheel and everything on the V. I was drooling.
Hard to imagine wanting to change it that much though.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
:welcome:

The V will go pretty much ANYWHERE, even on its 17" wheels - w/ appropriate rubber.

Check out jdrocks in "Members Rides".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts