Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home a 2009 green one yesterday. It'll replace a BMW F800ST, which will be up for sale in a couple of months.

George

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Brought home a 2009 green one yesterday. It'll replace a BMW F800ST, which will be up for sale in a couple of months.

George
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale. Curious, how does the V compare to the F800ST? That's a bike I have always been somewhat interested in.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bicyclist,
I too have a green 09 V. A year ago I took a demo ride on a BMW 800 ST; thinking I would trade up. But my V was better in just about every way except for the heated grips. So, I installed heated grips on my V and kept it. Have since made other improvements and can't find anything I like better.

Good luck, and welcome to our Forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow really?

thats a first BMW TO Kawasaki I think.

Can I ask why?
First, thanks for the welcome everyone.:)

Regarding the motorcycle change, I'm retired and coming up on a half century of riding and have a need for a bike that the F800 can't fulfill. It has a belt drive, which is less that perfect for riding off pavement. In 2010, I visited all 50 states, 49 on the F800 and a rental in Hawaii. Before that, I'd never been to Arizona and New Mexico. I want to go back and see that neck of the woods some more and visit the parks in Utah. Lotsa gravel roads out that way. So, I've been looking for a bike that's light, can tour and can run the gravel. The Versys seems to fill the bill. Oh, and did I mention Canada?

Now, the F800 is not the only motorcycle I own nor the only BMW, so moving it out to make space for the Versys won't kill me, despite the fact that it's a wonderful motorcycle to ride.

So, the farkeling begins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts